Monday, July 23, 2007

Marriage Monday



Well today is marriage monday, and I have to admit I haven't done so well this week. DH has had the stomach flu and my back has gone south (oh, and I got a sinus infection) and so overall I haven't been at my sunny best. Some nights I've fallen into bed and just prayed that God keep everyone safe and not much more. I need to get myself well and get back on course. I haven't even read the Power of the Praying Wife in a few days.
I'm afraid I did shift course long enough to read Harry Potter Book 7 in it's entirety in one day. I'm an obsessive reader, and I've been waiting for this book for a while.
I won't spoiler it yet, but I will say that the epilogue left me with more questions. I want to know what happened to some of the other characters. JK explained some of them, but left others hanging. It was a great book, a wonderful read, and the battle scenes were excellent. I also really appreciated that she made the heros real. They had flaws, they yearned for power in some cases but grew older and wiser. It was interesting. So often fairy tales don't tell the truth about human beings, but I believe this set of books really did.

No comments: