Monday, July 30, 2007

Mariiage Monday



Well today is the last Monday in the challenge - hard to believe its over almost! What a challenge this week has been too!

That whole 'in sickness and in health' thing is easy to say but much much harder to do when you are living it. Last week was a week where lots of things happened, and I was reminded again why I married my husband and why we 'work.' I also had a few scary hours where I wondered how I would do things if I didn't have him with me to do them. I pray that God keeps him in my life for many many many more years - the look at the alternative was pretty awful. When they called Tuesday night and told me that they didn't think it was a virus and they did think it was something very serious I remember my stomach just dropping. I don't think I slept again until Saturday night in any restful form.

So this week it was mostly a lot of begging and praying for more years, good health, and doctors who could figure things out. I haven't even picked up the book this week about the Power of the Praying Wife.

I guess I mostly see the blessings that came out of this week. First of all, we were given the opportunity to consider some changes in our family, and we were both able to say with a clear conscious that the answer right now is 'no' for us. We didn't shut out the possibility down the road, but right now, we are just the right size. Second, I think dh got a wake up call about some things in his life that he needs to change. Third, we both got a wake up call about our priorities.

Tonight I have an appointment with the personal trainer. One of my priorities both for myself and for DH now is to get in a better state of health. We owe it to our children and to each other.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

No comments: