Monday, July 16, 2007

Marriage Monday




Well it is another marriage Monday, lets recap. A few weeks ago DH and I were definately far down into a valley. We have had a challenging spring, with lots of loss and change and pain. We were taking it out on each other, and I was praying hard that God would give us an avenue to heal through.

Then God sent us to the beach - what a wonderful thing that was, and I found the challenge and I found the book, 'The Power of the Praying Wife" and life has been buzzing along.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book, and each night I try to pray for dh about the topic that I read about for the day. Some I already do all the time anyway. I've found myself praying for his safety since we met. Others I hadn't thought to pray about - work, purpose, mind.

I do think it makes a difference. We've been together 10 years as of Sunday. I thanked God last night for giving me 41 years of life, for all the good and the bad, and for giving me a man I could spend the rest of my life with.

Not too bad!

2 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

God is good!!!

May He continue to bless you and your husband throughout the challenge and beyond!

Alida

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you chose to join in the challenge. Congrats on beefing up your prayer life for your hubby!