Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuesday

Just a short update. It is Tuesday, and I've lost 30 pounds. I'm pretty excited about that but every single day continues to be a struggle. I guess some days are more then others really, but they all are a challenge.
This weekend I promised myself that I would workout each morning for half an hour. Easy enough, we had the time change this weekend so 5am is really what 6am was last week. Theoretically I'm just going to work an hour later and its all fine. I got up Monday and did my 30 minutes of high intensity interval trainings (HIIT) and this morning, the alarm went off and I thought, 'Oh, I'll go for a walk later." Then I thought, 'how totally embarassing, I ask myself to do 5 days in a row and on day 2 I'm wimping out?' I got up, and I did it. Burned 380 calories in 30 minutes. I still went for a walk later with my friend, but I kept with the program. Anyway, just a snippet into the life of a heavy girl trying to get lean.
Monday was certainly a Monday in every way. Started the day with poor Emma slamming her thumb in the front door. Went to work and took the van keys so the Nanny had no car so had to run it home. Accidently ran a red light (luckily no one was coming, what was I thinking?)
Today was a better day. Well it was till I got home. I'd been telling Vi that she and I would go look for minature hedgehogs - there is a pet store in town that sells them and we wanted to see a real one. Well its going to be our 'girl' thing. Then she takes the nanny instead, and it totally hurt my feelings. It is hard to share your kids sometimes, not often but sometimes.
As to Tackle It Tuesday, I am tackling some stuff. I'm working on what we call the 'Bat Cave' which is a room where our exercise equipment is stored as were some other boxes. Last weekend we emptied all the boxes, and I've started laying carpet tiles. I have a ways to go, but I'm making progress. I suspect it will take most of the rest of the year to do it, but eventually our workout room will be a pleasant thing to be in.

No comments: