Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall is here...

Well school is in session again. All 22,000 students have arrived in Eugene and settled in. The parking lots aren't too bad, but the sidewalks are full, and the dorms are overflowing. I both love and hate this time of year. I love the start of fall, new books, new learning, excitement and independence. I hate the start of fall, stupid drinking, too many lost people calling me Mam....
The freshman class this fall was born in 1990. That means that I could be their Mother. That seems so weird to me.
Overall things are going well. The twins are adjusting to school. The transition has been hard, going day and doing work instead of playing. Emma has really learned to love her new school, and most days practically shoves me out the door.
I had sinus surgery at the beginning of the month, and its been a very long haul. I didn't realize how long it would be, but I still have nights with pain and trouble sleeping, and I think I have another couple weeks before I'm totally 'healed'.
I'll try to post more regularly - oh wait, one more bit of news. We got a kitten!
Pics coming soon.

No comments: